InFirst BANK PRIVACY NOTICE
InFirst BANK PRIVACY STATEMENT
This is our privacy statement to our customers. We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information. We will tell you what information we share about you with other entities. We will explain your right to limit sharing information in certain circumstances.
- We, our, and us, when used in this statement, mean InFirst Bank.
- You and your mean our consumer customers who have a continuing relationship with us by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as:
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Safe deposit box
- Self-directed Individual Retirement Account
- Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term "information" to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
- An affiliate is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
- A nonaffiliated third party is a person we do not employ or a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
- Opt out means a choice you can make to limit certain sharing of information.
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information. We do not sell or otherwise share any information with marketers outside of InFirst Bank who may want to offer you their own products and services. You do not need to take any action to prevent disclosure of this information.
We collect and use various types of information to service your accounts. Customer Information is categorized as the following four types:
- Application Information - Information which you provide to us on an application, such as your assets, income, and debts.
- Transaction and Experience Information - Information about your transactions and account experience, such as account balances, payment history, and parties to the transactions.
- Consumer Report Information - Information from a consumer report, such as your credit history.
- Information from Outside Sources - Information received from outside sources, such as employment history, property reports, or insurance information.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this statement or as permitted by law. We describe below how we manage your four different types of Customer Information with other parties such as our affiliates, companies that work for us, and other outside companies.
Sharing among InFirst Bank companies
Affiliate sharing: You may request that information about your creditworthiness such as Application Information, Consumer Report Information, and Information from Outside Sources not be shared among the InFirst Bank companies. However, through the normal course of doing business, we will continue to share Transaction and Experience Information among our companies to service your accounts better and meet your financial needs.
Affiliate marketing: Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all marketing offers from our family of InFirst Bank companies. Federal law also requires us to give you a Privacy Notice to tell you about your choice to limit marketing from our affiliates. You may limit the InFirst Bank companies, such as the financial advisors affiliate, from marketing their products and services to you if you do not have an account or business relationship with them. These marketing offers are based on your personal information that they receive from us. This information may include your income, account history, and credit score. Your choice to limit marketing offers from the InFirst Bank companies will apply until you tell us to change your choice. The only affiliate to InFirst Bank is a financial services provider:
InFirst Financial Advisors, LLC
949 Philadelphia Street
Indiana, PA 15701
Managing Information with companies that work for us
We may share any of the four types of Customer Information outlined above with companies that work for us. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the information we provide to them confidential, and use the Customer Information only to provide the services we ask them to perform for you and us. These companies may include financial services providers such as asset management companies, and nonfinancial companies, such as check printers and data processors. These companies might assist us, for example, in fulfilling your service requests and processing your transactions. In addition, we may share any of the four types of Customer Information with financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Managing Information in other situations
We may also share any of the four types of Customer Information to credit bureaus and similar organizations when required or permitted by law. For example, Customer Information may be disclosed in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, recording mortgages in public records, or the sale of your account to another financial institution. We may also share any of the four types of Customer Information outside InFirst Bank if we have your consent, such as when we respond to your service requests.
INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER CUSTOMERS
We do not disclose information about former customers, except as permitted by law.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and services directed to, and which knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. InFirst Bank's website and online services are not directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from them.